Free cocktail pedal and bracket

Bruce (the K)

Free cocktail pedal and bracket

Post by Bruce (the K) »

I have a Peace chain-drive cocktail drum pedal and the bracket that holds it to the bottom of the kick drum (from a Peace Manhattan cocktail drum). I've added a wood block to the heel plate to make the pedal more playable by a standing player. (It's one of my pet peeves that the cocktail drum makers just reverse the pedal arm and call it good without addressing the difference between the pedal angle needed by a sitting player versus a standing player.) I also modified the bracket by attaching a piece of wood to it so the pedal clamps on better than on the plain metal bracket.

I got a DW Sidekick pedal so I don't need this one any more. My wife has given me an ultimatum and there's been no interest on Craigslist so I'm offering this pedal and bracket for the low, low price of free (plus the cost of shipping). Great for doing a "homebrew" cocktail set, using a 14 inch floor tom, a 14 inch wood snare, some Gibraltar floor tom leg clamps, and some steel rods from the hardware store. (Email me if you want more particulars on that.)

Bruce (the K)
bkoller@muircommons.org
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hi Bruce,

That's very generous of you!

Do you think the bracket would fit a larger drum than a 14"? I know someone who lost their bracket at a gig and have been looking for a replacement but I'm not sure what size drum it is. I told him about your post and hopefully he will contact you soon.

- John
Bruce (the K)

Re: Free cocktail pedal and bracket

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Hi John.

Sorry it's taken almost a year to respond. I'm not able to spend as much time online as I used to (although I continue to modify and play my Peace Manhattan cocktail kit and I'm loving it).

The pedal and bracket found a new home a while back. Not sure if it would have fit a 15 inch bass drum like the Yamaha and GP have, since it worked with the leg spacing on my 14 inch Peace Manhattan.

Long live the cocktail drum circle!

Bruce (the K)