Slingerland Expresso Kits (New)

Roger Thomas

Slingerland Expresso Kits (New)

Post by Roger Thomas »

John,

You ABSOLUTELY need to know about this:

www.musicyo.com/product_s...?pf_id=513

The first new, readily affordable cocktail kit in how many years?! An essential addition to your site, I'd have thought. I assume the brand name has been prostituted for slapping onto cheap imports (MusicYo do a whole range of Slingy-branded drums these days), but if it means a new addition to the 'cocktail cabinet', I reckon we can live with that.

Also, do add Mick Fleetwood to your list of cocktail kit users - qv 'The Dance'.

Love the site, by the way - I check it out regularly.

Best,

Roger Thomas

(UK)

<i></i>
denny

Post by denny »

how much is this kit going for?

thanks!
<i></i>
sugaratl@yahoo.com

Slingerland Expresso kits

Post by sugaratl@yahoo.com »

I have seen the new Slingerland kit, and am interested, but the pics I have seen look like you play this kit seated instead of standing. I'd love to speak to someone who's actually tried it out, so if you have, please get in contact with me.

Thanks!

Michael
Atlanta, Ga.
jmettam
Site Admin

Slingerland Expresso

Post by jmettam »

Hi Roger,

These kits have actually been around for the past couple of years. Several people have bought them through the links at the Cocktail Drum Lounge Shop:

http://cocktaildrum.com/shop.html

There have also been several discussions about them in the Cocktail Drum Discussion Forum. Just search the forum for the word 'expresso' and you'll find them mentioned in several threads.

To answer the other questions, the kits go for $399. The kit IS designed to be played sitting down (the main drum is a regular 16x16 floor tom on legs). From what I have heard, it is a pretty nice kit for the money (NOT the quality of Slingerland of old but not totally cheap either) and sounds pretty good.

Hope this helps,

John

Re: Slingerland Expresso kits

Post by Guest »

sugaratl@yahoo.com wrote:I have seen the new Slingerland kit, and am interested, but the pics I have seen look like you play this kit seated instead of standing. I'd love to speak to someone who's actually tried it out, so if you have, please get in contact with me.

Thanks!

Michael
Atlanta, Ga.
I've got an Expresso - the only one in UK that I know of. I bought it for gigs that were too small even for my HipGig. The band actually prefer the Expresso - it seems more focused. :? Chris Gravestock