Slingerland WMP Cocktail for sale

jmettam
Site Admin

Slingerland WMP Cocktail for sale

Post by jmettam »

Hey All,

I am sellilng my white marine pearl Slingerland cocktail! It is a circa 60s/70s (silver badge sn:96606) single 24x14 drum. It is a great playing drum that looks marvelous!

$350 includes US ground shipping!

There is some yellowing of the finish where the wrap overlaps (this drum is wrapped with 3 vertical sections) I guess because of the glue? The pictures show the yellowing VERY well, it is not as noticable in real life! Chrome is in great shape with only small amounts of pitting. There is some chrome peeling on the snare adjustment knob.

Drum has internal snare and internal muffler.

All maple shell with reinforcing rings. Also a reinforcing ring in the center of the drum. My guess is the drum is built from 2 shells joined together and then the ring added for strength. There are no added holes in the shell and only brackets for the 3 legs.

I will include your choice of vintage straight floor tom legs (as originally included with the cocktail drum) or modern bent floor tom legs (pictured) which are more practical for keeping the drum balanced if you add items to the rim of the drum!

The included pedal is a standard Slingerland BD pedal with the leather strap flipped over. It works pretty well but is not the greatest cocktail pedal, but it is a great pedal for a regular kick drum!

I will also include an LP clamp that I use to attach this pedal to one of the floor tom legs. It works quite well and I have used it on several gigs.

Feel free to email me with any questions at:

john at cocktaildrum dot com