Excel Sonic Traveller on eBay for $169

jmettam
Site Admin

Excel Sonic Traveller on eBay for $169

Post by jmettam »

This is definitely one of the cheap-o kits but it says that it is a 9-ply birch shell (not fiberboard). This is the lowest buy it now price I have seen on a Cocktail Kit on eBay, so if you are lookig for a very cheap kit that you can beef up with better hardware, here you go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/EXCEL-SONIC-TRAVELE ... dZViewItem

Let us know if you get this thing and write a review for us!

- John
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Just looked at this and it looks like a great deal to me, especially if you get bags too.
jmettam
Site Admin

Sold

Post by jmettam »

It looks like it sold. Was it anyone from this forum?
JGove33

Post by JGove33 »

I don't know if it's sold or not, but I will say that it is a good drum set. I have an excel sonic traveller (walnut finish). It's nice. I was suprised by the quality that I got for the price I paid. Mine needed some tweaking to get it to sound the way I wanted it to, but I still think it's awesome. I would definitely recommend getting it.

-Jeremy
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Thanks for the info Jeremy!

They still show up fairly often on ebay for around $200. How is the hardware? I'm guessing that is the weak point in the kit.

- John
JGove33

Post by JGove33 »

The hardware actually isn't all that bad. I mean, it's not the quality of a DW set, but it's still pretty sturdy. The finish is okay. I'm currently in the process of stripping it down and applying my own dark finish.
My only complaint is that the drums are a little ringy. I fixed the problem though with what I call "band-aid." I took strips of gauze and taped them with duct tape onto the bottom side of the drum heads. All in all its a great kit. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a quality kit.

-Jeremy