Now taking limited orders for custom Loungecasters!

loungecaster

Now taking limited orders for custom Loungecasters!

Post by loungecaster »

Hey brothers and sisters,

Do you have any idea how many hits I get from our special little corner of the web, here (Thanks, John)? Well, you done broke me down -- I've received so much interest that I'm accepting orders for a Loungecaster made to your specs! I really never thought I'd have the time or desire, and I don't know how many clients I'll be able to take on, but OKAY already.

Honestly, though, it's my pleasure :)
jmettam
Site Admin

Loungecaster

Post by jmettam »

Hey Kyle,

That's exciting news!

I know that there are many factors that can change the price but, could you come up with a price for a basic drum. Maybe start with the drum that you have and go from there. Just add a 'prices may vary' discalimer/ I'm sure everyone will want to know.

- John
loungecaster

Post by loungecaster »

As I mention at http://www.swingdrummer.com/loungecaster I can put one together for under $500. I'm basing this price on a configuration very similar to the prototype:

24x14 8-ply 8-lug (standard chrome) maple, old-school "tone-control" snare fan, 3 accessory brackets, tung oil finish.

What you see on the site is pretty much it, sans the accessory brackets (which I'm really glad I added to mine). I wrapped mine, but MAN it looked good with just a simple moisture-proof seal and waxed bearing edges. I'm also going with the regular snare fan control (if you want a snare fan) until I develop a better throw-off mechanism. The Gibraltar part is pretty cheesy and, although it's worked for me, I'm not comfortable setting someone else up with the slow action.

Of course, there are dozens of different lug styles to choose from, different rims and brackets. And, since it's a totally custom service, there are practically infinite variations I can do and still keep the price about the same. For just one example, lose a couple brackets and the snare fan (I've been going with a side snare lately, myself) and upgrade to some fancier lugs!

In a nutshell, I'm just asking for the cost of the parts and shipping plus $150-200 for labor. You can see the cost all the parts for yourself, I've got links to a bunch of suppliers right there on the site. If you're in Los Angeles to pick it up, that would shave off some bucks -- I'm not including the cost of shipping the finished drum in this estimate.

Want me to wood-burn your face on the front? Wrap it? Color stain? Yeah, that'll drive the price up but, again, just the cost of parts and the higher labor fee.

I'm estimating a two-week turnaround for now.

I just looked at current prices and came up with $279.59 for shipped parts for the drum I've described, not including heads. Tack on my fee and that's $429.59 plus shipping -- for a totally customized original Loungecaster!