Cocktail Kit for sale

matthew medeiros

Cocktail Kit for sale

Post by matthew medeiros »

I've got a cocktail kit for sale. It consists of the following. The main drum is a combo, 14" dia. X 28" tall. It's a homeade drum made from Remo Acousticon 516 shell material. The snare is seperated from the bass drum with a plywood baffle about 5.5" down from the top of the drum, the bass portion is about 22" deep. The main drum has 4 legs, 2 bent legs & 2 straight legs, and the leg holders are all Ludwig floor tom/cymbal holders. There are 4 Cymbal/ percussion holders at the top of the drum, also of Ludwig vintage. There is one single sided tom 10" diaX 4" deep. I don't recognize the lugs, there are 8 lugs top & bottom on the snare/bass drum and there are 5 single side lugs on the tom. The bracket for the bass pedal is a homemade wooden jobby in which the 2 straight legs rest into. The bass pedal is a Ludwig vintage reversable style foot pedal, works well but is rather a light pedal. What else? The snare strainer is a full wire snare with a muffler style knob too turn the snares on or off, there is a knob on either side of the drum for a total of 2 knobs, somebody did a fairly nice job but you can't throw off the snares quickly. The snare has a real nice sound but the bass drum would benefit from more venting, I think. I would like 250. for the set. If you want pics, e mail me..Matthew
Last edited by matthew medeiros on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

Matthew
Hope someone bites on this offer - it looks sweet!
If you do end up sharing any pix, it would be cool to see this kit here. I love the idea of the extra depth and am always interested in the tradeoffs of height vs tuning and playability. Did you build it? If not, how did you come upon this kit?
matthew medeiros

Hey Multiperc, will definitely post some pics. I will be away from home for 2-3 days so will post when I get back. Still owe you pics of my WFL set!! I did not build the set, bought it from someone but I don't really like combo drums, I gotta have a side snare :D Maybe I'll try & have a 24" drum in the pic with the 28" drum. Another note is the finish is Black Oyster Pearl, and has anyone had any experience with the Remo Acousticon material? It is somewhat heavier than wood, and the drum has a bearing edge top & bottom so was maybe ordered & cut that way :?: don't know.It seems to be seamless. Don't Forget, happiness is just a cocktail away!! :twisted: I've got private messaging enabled if someone wants to get ahold of me for the drum set for sale, Thanks
Last edited by matthew medeiros on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
matthew medeiros

Cocktail Kit for sale

here are pics of above mentioned set for sale. The WFL gold laquer drum is ONLY FOR HEIGHT COMPARISON, it is not included
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/matthewmedeiros
Matthew
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Here are some pictures from Matthew: