metro drums

zorf

metro drums

Post by zorf »

someone in my area is selling a used metro drum cocktail set.

have you guys heard of this company?

http://www.metrodrum.com/id1.html
jmettam
Site Admin

MetroDrums

Post by jmettam »

Hey Zorf,

I am a little confused by this. I feel like I recognize the name MetroDrum but the pictures and description are a bit missleading.

The 'Clubster' listed on the site I remember from an eBay auction. A slingeland drum which was painted black and a custom finish applied. The 'Hipster' picture is from Odery Drums in brazil. The drum on the homepage is also from an eBay listing. I would swear it was a Phattie kit but I cannot say for certain.

If you check out the prices you might also find the entire concept suspect. Don't know what this is all about but it is pretty wierd...

- John
robertm

Post by robertm »

Didn't I see the Clubster (or one nearly identical) in the Gallery here under the name "Matt Belyea?" So he must have built it himself and decided to sell them. The Metropolitan Drum Co. seems to be in Boston MA.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

You are so right Robert.

I have a couple of emails from Matt saying that he was building a kit and then sent me the picture but never ellaborated on what he was building. I'll have to shoot him an email and see what he is up to!

- John
robertm

Post by robertm »

It would be interesting to see what he's come up with. From the Metro site it sounds like he uses some sort of baffling system between the snare and bass drums. Would the "MSRP" would be more than if you bought direct from him?
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

robertm wrote: Would the "MSRP" would be more than if you bought direct from him?
MSRP is usually pretty close tot he actual sale price. If list price is givien, you can usually find things for around 70% of list price.

Interesting, if you open up the 'Hipster' picture it is still has the title 'odery.jpg' Odery is a VERY professional company in Brazil that made this drum....unless metrodrum is a reseller, then something strange is indeed going on.

- John
robertm

Post by robertm »

Is it me or is this getting weirder by the minute?? The Trickster drum on the Metro Drum website is also in the Gallery! #159 I think, distinctly marked as a Phattie drum set. Nice drums probably but...some kind or reseller? And does it seem his prices are a bit up there? Let us know what you find out John.
zorf

Post by zorf »

just to bump this thread, i had found this on my local craigslist (sfbayarea) listed as "CA"
in the part of the posting where they list the geographical location of the seller.
This is usually a tip off that it's either a scam or a comercial merchant.
I did a craigs tour of the major us cities and found the identical listing in N.Y., Boston, and Chicago.
The seller didn't respond to my email.
any thoughts?
jmettam
Site Admin

Metro Drum

Post by jmettam »

Well, I did a domain lookup on GoDaddy and the domain is registered to Matt Belyea, so it looks like he is involved. I still don't get it. Advertising an incomplete website with products from other manufacturers and then not responding to emails.

Something wierd is going on.

-JM
altdrumz

Re: Metro Drum

Post by altdrumz »

Greeting All !

This is Matthew from Metro Drums, just wanted to clear up the concern here.

Being a fairly poor Web site designer, I had a freind put up the comapany site,
and she just googled some images and dropped them into the page as placeholders.

We've moved our operations back from New Hampshire to the MetroWest region
of Boston and are up and running. Look for more updates on my website soon.

Thanks, and again apologies to anyone who was confused about MetroDrum.

Matthew