DW Side Kick Pedal ($125 shipped) - Low Price (make offer!)

murph

DW Side Kick Pedal ($125 shipped) - Low Price (make offer!)

Post by murph »

I have a several month old DW side-kick pedal for sale. You can search for my posts on this site to read about my adventures with it. The pedal and beater assembly are in great shape. I only used the pedal for two gigs and a handful of rehearsals. The black cord is frayed, and "fixed" with electrical tape. The cord is still strong, but could be replaced. I paid $245 out-the-door from Sam Ash (special order, as most of these are), so $165 shipped to your house is a smoking deal. The frayed cord is the reason for the substantial discount.

The design of this pedal is super cool. It harkens back to older designs by Slingerland, yet has DW performance. The style of music that Im using it for, and my lead-foot just do not compliment the pedal's design. If you have thought about adding one of these to your arsenal, this is a great chance to do it at a discount.

-murph
Last edited by murph on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murph

DW Side Kick Pedal For Sale ($125 shipped) - NEW PRICE!

Post by murph »

I've had some interest but no takers. I'll reduce the price here for a month or so and then off to craigslist or my local shop. It's been sitting in a shipping box in my drum room and I'm tired of looking at it. :-) Thanks all!

-murph
murph

Post by murph »

New lower asking price. There's a sweet snare drum for sale in town I'd like to raise some cash for. Make an offer!

-murph
tikifreak

custom sidekick for sale - soon

Post by tikifreak »

murph,
How you doin', bro? Did you guys have fun at The Continental Club in Austin? My guess is you did. I have been enjoying the CD I bought, and look forward to the next one coming out. I definitely want a copy of it.

I see you're still trying to get rid of your Sidekick pedal. Somebody will take it, I'm sure. I am very close to getting my new custom Sidekick all put together, and when I do, I will have one of my original ones for sale. (Once the prototype proved to work, I built a spare just like it.) The new one will be a double-chain model, with the square heel, like the newer DW5000. The one I plan to sell is the single-chain model with the round heel, exactly like what I showed you when you were here in Texas. This pedal can also be upgraded to the double-chain if you want (need DW Turbo sprocket, chain, 2 master links, and one of my custom parts to convert it). I have been using the original pedal for about 3.5 years now with no problem whatsoever, so it is proven to be a reliable design/build. If you have any interest in revisiting the "beater turned to the right" pedal concept, let me know. I will make you a killer deal on this one, and it will include a spare sprocket & chain assembly. If you buy it and want to upgrade it to the double-chain, I will send you the custom part for free. Think about it and let me know.

As I think about this, it would make sense for me to give the new pedal a few months worth of use to make sure it works as well as the original. Once the new one is proven, one of the originals will then be for sale. I'll be posting when the time comes.

check ya later,
(Mark) Tikifreak
murph

Re: custom sidekick for sale - soon

Post by murph »

tikifreak wrote:murph,
How you doin', bro? Did you guys have fun at The Continental Club in Austin? My guess is you did. I have been enjoying the CD I bought, and look forward to the next one coming out. I definitely want a copy of it.

I see you're still trying to get rid of your Sidekick pedal. Somebody will take it, I'm sure. I am very close to getting my new custom Sidekick all put together, and when I do, I will have one of my original ones for sale. (Once the prototype proved to work, I built a spare just like it.) The new one will be a double-chain model, with the square heel, like the newer DW5000. The one I plan to sell is the single-chain model with the round heel, exactly like what I showed you when you were here in Texas. This pedal can also be upgraded to the double-chain if you want (need DW Turbo sprocket, chain, 2 master links, and one of my custom parts to convert it). I have been using the original pedal for about 3.5 years now with no problem whatsoever, so it is proven to be a reliable design/build. If you have any interest in revisiting the "beater turned to the right" pedal concept, let me know. I will make you a killer deal on this one, and it will include a spare sprocket & chain assembly. If you buy it and want to upgrade it to the double-chain, I will send you the custom part for free. Think about it and let me know.

As I think about this, it would make sense for me to give the new pedal a few months worth of use to make sure it works as well as the original. Once the new one is proven, one of the originals will then be for sale. I'll be posting when the time comes.

check ya later,
(Mark) Tikifreak
Hey Mark!

I haven't been to the "lounge" in a while... was focused on a huge halloween show here in Raleigh, NC. I just posted a vid in the Gigs section and checking the other areas of the forum.

Really cool to hear you are still tweaking your pedal design. The one you showed me was definitely slick. I wish something that solid was on the market when I first started playing the cocktail kit. I have been toying with changing the configuration of my setup, and if I end up moving the main cocktail drum further to the right, the side-kick style pedal you have would work great.

Have you been playing out much lately?

-murph
tikifreak

yo murph

Post by tikifreak »

Yeah, The Hi-Lifers have been playing regularly, check the gig section of CDL: every other week at Balcony Club. Jenni and I have also started a new group, Swing Slaves, and we're going to play for swing dance classes and events. This will be some of the same material as Hi-Lifers, except no slow tunes, just uptempo dance numbers.

Since I posted last, I have found another DW pedal to convert, so now I will have two of them to put up for sale. I'm considering just going ahead and making them all double-chain models, even though the single-chain one has been working fine for me. The first pedal should be ready in a month or so, the other will take another month or two after that (a lazy production schedule, no doubt). I recently got a digital camera, so I hope to post a load of photos to the site before years end - of the pedals and my kit as well. I'm proud of my kit and can't wait to show it off. It doesn't have a Monster Tiki paint job, but it's still pretty cool, I think.

Check ya later, bro.

Tikifreak