WTB - First Cocktail Kit

Pfunk

WTB - First Cocktail Kit

Post by Pfunk »

Hi,
A newbie looking for 1st Kit. Looking for entry level kit whereby I can learn to play and make my own as I progress.
So far, just been perusing the web taking in as much as I can learning about these kits.
I've found a kit locally for under 2 bills, most likely an Asian(no brand), but has the basic stuff to get a feel for one.
Any thoughts on picking this up, or does anyone have something out there?
Thanks in advance for any help! 8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
MusicMan

Re: WTB - First Cocktail Kit

Post by MusicMan »

Hi,

I would start out with one of those inexpensive kits and make sure you like playing it. Inevitabely, if you really enjoy playing a cocktail kit, you'll want to have one customized and built for you, so don't spend a lot of money on the first one you play.

MM :)
Pfunk

Post by Pfunk »

Thanks MM :D !
Pfunk

Post by Pfunk »

Seriously looking at these for starter set:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ms ... 18881.html

Anyone familiar with them? :|

They are re-branded JINBAO mfgr'd.
MusicMan

Post by MusicMan »

Hi,

Yes, those are the ultimate cheapy cocktail kits, but it will give you an idea as to whether or not you like it and you could always resell it when you decide if you want to get one made custom. You'll find that the cheapy ones sound like childrens' drums and are not very sturdy.

When I built my custom kit, it cost a lot more money, but sounds much better and plays like a real kit. However, make sure you have regular opportunities to play it (like I do at churches, lounges) or else it's not worth spending too much on a custom kit either.

MM :)