Want to get in on this

Washmail

Post by Washmail »

Ok, I've fallen in love with the exotica/lounge sound. I play percussion and have the 'onga' arsonal but would also like to find an affordable used cocktail set. I'm not ready to shell out the mega bucks for one when I know that there are many out there sitting around in garages throughout the us.

If you guys hear of any used sets, could you drop me a reply?

Thanks,

Brad

<i></i>
Edrums

Post by Edrums »

I have two cocktail drums available:

These are drums only (no pedals) in good condition. The hardware for either drum is in good condition-not any appreciable rust. Some cleaning is needed. I haven't touched them much.

Each: $395.00 ($600 for both) plus shipping

About the Slingerland:

? Slingerland 14"(diameter) x 23" (deep) Champagne Sparkle. (No badge-but it's likely Slingerland-there is an oval discoloration where the badge was) Lugs are Slingerland, I believe.

? The Slingerland drum has a 8" bongo attached-same finish-guessing it's original.

? The Slingerland didn't have legs-we put on some metal rods with hose clamps above and below to secure-no changes to existing hardware.

? The Slingerland didn't have a snare strainer (I believe it was a 1/2 strainer), so I put on a full large strainer-just with string to get the effect. The internal muffler is holding up the snare (works OK)! There is a hole, where some hardware would have been for attaching the strainer.

? The top head of the Slingerland drum has tape, covering a break in the head. I haven't changed the head. Both top and bottom have a "St. George" by Remo logo on it (Both Plastic)

? The bongo is attached with a timbale style mount (appears to be original), and there is a second mout on the other side (no bongo-sorry!) Same finish.

? The top and bottom rims are curved in (stick saver).

? There is a straight cymbal rod attached to the drum. (appears original)

? Shell is reinforced plywood (guess) -vertical grain.

About the WFL:

? WFL 16" (diameter) x 24" (deep) Marine Pearl.

? The WFL has all of the hardware, incl legs.

? The WFL has no snare strainer. I do not believe there was one, and this drum was a floor tom/bass drum. No other holes are there for any hardware.

? WFL logo says WFL, Chicago, IL. It is the classic upside down triange-square, with a second similar shape on top.

? The top head of the WFL is a more recent Remo Legacy. The bottom is an older plain glossy Ludwig head. (Both Plastic)

? The lamination appears to be original. I believe, because the shells are so long, they added lamination at the bottom. There is a separation near the bottom where the lamination was added. The separation is clean and even. It is right through a screw position.

? There is a internal muffler.

? There is a L type adjustable height cymbal rod attached to the drum. (appears original)

? Shell is reinforced mahagony (guess) -horizontal grain.

For more info, please call:

Ed Hartman

The DRUM EXCHANGE

4501 Interlake Ave N #7

Seattle, WA 98103

(206)545-3564

FAX (206)547-4084

Edrums@aol.com

CLICK: DRUMEXCHANGE.COM

(www.drumexchange.com/drumx.htm)

<i></i>