cocktail pedal and bracket wanted

ak1000

cocktail pedal and bracket wanted

Post by ak1000 »

hi i live in the uk and am finding it difficult to get cocktail drum parts i am building my own but need a pedal and bracket can anyone help??????????
fw

Post by fw »

Check out the Pulse pedals at Musiciansfriend.com. They have metal bass plates with velcro so you don't need a mounting bracket, and the cheap one is like $20 and the expensive one is $30. I had the Pacific version of the the cheap one and it was very solid. One of my students has the expensive one, and I can't believe they can make a pedal that good for $30--you can adjust the angle of the board, the angle of the beater--all kinds of stuff, plus it has two chains. Either pedal is really easy to modify for a cocktail set, as long as you have a bunch of allen wrenches. Just take the cam off, flip it over, angle the pedal the way you want it, and tighten it back up. I think I also needed to re-attach the chain to the top of the pedalboard instead of the bottom, but that didn't interfere with the action--your toe can't fit up there anyway. Hopefully Musician's Friend delivers to England.

Good luck!

Will
ak1000

bass pedal

Post by ak1000 »

thanks will
i will have a look.
all the best adam
ak1000

bass pedal

Post by ak1000 »

will
had a look at the pulse pedal looks perfect.unfortunatly they dont ship to the uk.ive got my eye on a gretsch 1950 free floating pedal at the moment i think they were used on the cocktail kits in the fifties.
all the best adam