Wanted: Silver Sparkle Club Jordan percussion board

tikifreak

Wanted: Silver Sparkle Club Jordan percussion board

Post by tikifreak »

I am wanting to add a Club Jordan side shell percussion board to my cocktail kit. If anyone has one in good condition they would consider selling, please get in touch with me.

Also, you Club Jordan owners: do the brackets that hold the board attach under the drum lugs, like the Yamaha Russ Miller Wedges? And if so, can the board be used on a 16" drum instead of a 15" ? Let me know.

I haven't yet priced a new one, but plan to this weekend.

thanks, and beat goes on . . .
almapercus

Post by almapercus »

The cascara shell has additionary holes to fit on 14"/15"/16" drums. The attachment bracket are L shaped. I've drilled two more holes to raise the plate over, then having the possibility to use it for rim shots "? la" rhythm wedge, giving up more versatility. Easy to do and effective!
matthew medeiros

Re: Wanted: Silver Sparkle Club Jordan percussion board

Post by matthew medeiros »

tikifreak wrote:I am wanting to add a Club Jordan side shell percussion board to my cocktail kit. If anyone has one in good condition they would consider selling, please get in touch with me.

Also, you Club Jordan owners: do the brackets that hold the board attach under the drum lugs, like the Yamaha Russ Miller Wedges? And if so, can the board be used on a 16" drum instead of a 15" ? Let me know.

I haven't yet priced a new one, but plan to this weekend.

thanks, and beat goes on . . .
The brackets sandwhich between the tension rods and the hoop, so under the tension rods
Matthew
tikifreak

Post by tikifreak »

Well, no sellers here, so I special ordered a CJ percussion board from Guitar Center, $66. total. It includes hardware and the pad that rests againts the drum shell. The salesman at GC spoke to Yamaha and they told him that they only sell the silver one, not the pink, which I thought was odd. The board has three sets of holes for 14", 15" and 16" drum sizes, but none of them lined up properly for my 16". With the brackets in the outside holes, it's still a touch too narrow to fit the tension rod spacing. (And yes, as noted above, it mounts on the hoop under the tension rods.) I haven't installed it yet, but it looks good. I held it in place and gave it a few whacks with a stick, and it's going to sound good, too. Another sound for the palette.

freaky tiki man