Better (more adjustable) cymbal arm for Yamaha Club Jordan?

2kind

Better (more adjustable) cymbal arm for Yamaha Club Jordan?

Post by 2kind »

Greetings everyone!

I have just recently put an end to my six-year vacation from playing the drums. It was approximately six years ago I sold my drum set, and barely touched a drumhead since. My band broke up, "more important" things came up etc.

This passing summer I was asked to join an semi-acoustic singer-songwriter line-up, and I needed to get a simple, low-volume drum set with good looks as well. I had a bargain on a silver sparkle Yamah Club Jordan set (w/o the side snare and tom). I've been happy as a squirrel ever since, exploring the possibilities of my new instrument.

Here's the question:
The cymbal arm supplied with the Jordan kit leaves a lot to be desired. Does anyone know if there's a cymbal arm out there that has two tilters, one in each end, so that the other end fits into the Club Jordan "vertical" mounting hole (identical to floor-tom leg-mounts) and the other end ...well you put your cymbal there ...?

I find this a bit difficult to describe, but I hope somebody follows... Basically a symmetrical shaft with tilters on each end. The other end has a cymbal mount and the other end has a standard Yamaha "floor-tom" mount.

Any help would be appreciated.
Just say ho.
jmettam
Site Admin

Tilter

Post by jmettam »

Do you mean like this??

It accepts a 1/2" rod on the mounting end. I don't know what size the Yamaha bracket accepts but I'll bet it could work. You would just have to use straight piece of 1/2 metal rod.

Click on the Musicians Friend link at the bottom of the shop page:

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/shop.html

and search for 'Dog Bone'

Hope this helps

- John
2kind

Post by 2kind »

Thanks for such a quick reply. That's more or less what I was thinking of. I couldn't tell for sure from the picture, but that actually has three tilters, does it not?

On the other hand, installing two of those will add awfully lot of weight...

Maybe I'll keep looking for something a bit lighter in weight. (I know, better adjustability means more weight)
Just say ho.
jmettam
Site Admin

Tilt Arm

Post by jmettam »

They also make a mini dog bone:

It looks like both of these have a small boom arm. Look at B below:

So you would have two arms and 3 points of rotation (including the cymbal tilter).

You'll probably have to buy one or find it in a store to find out how heavy and what the dimensions are!

- John