Link to a collection of photos, some interesting ideas....

Dennis

Link to a collection of photos, some interesting ideas....

Post by Dennis »

On the verge of the "shameless self promotion boat", I thought I'd share this link. There are some interesting cocktail drum ideas that customers have brought me that we've managed to turn into cool drums. Different styles of mounting, hardware use, configurations, etc. I've been carefully categorizing each post on my blog, so you can now just click a link and only see cocktail drums, as so:

http://staufferpercussion.com/category/ ... ail_drums/

I'm adding around one new kit per week to the blog, and have some really interesting ones coming up. Tomorrow I will be posting a kit that use a DW rail mount on the side of the drum to mount the tom in a more trap-kit like setup, and I've got several DW style split-cocktail drums coming down the pipeline in the next month that will be cool. I've watched a lot of the hardware solutions people have worked up on this board, just wanted to share some of the ideas customers have brought me. I try and make all our mounting solutions out of readily available Gibraltar hardware, so it can be re-created for multiple customers, so nothing is proprietary, it can almost all be figured out from standard gibraltar catalogs. So, there ya go, keep rockin' -Dennis
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the update and link! I have been waiting anxiously to see more posted pictures of your work.

I have to ask about the piano black kit, how many of the 6 accessory drums are meant to mounted at once? Do you have any pictures of the kit set up?

They all look beautiful, keep up the great work!

- John
JGove33

Post by JGove33 »

I have to ask about the piano black kit, how many of the 6 accessory drums are meant to mounted at once? Do you have any pictures of the kit set up?

They all look beautiful, keep up the great work!
John, my thoughts exactly. Those were the first questions that came to mind when I saw the piano black kit on the website.

Great work Dennis! I'm totally blown away by the quality of your workmanship. That piano black kit looks smooth. If it sounds half as good as it looks...whew...I am speechless. lol.

-Jeremy
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

jmettam wrote:I have to ask about the piano black kit, how many of the 6 accessory drums are meant to mounted at once? Do you have any pictures of the kit set up?
That kit is setup with enough brackets and accessories to setup all the drums (10" snare, 12" snare, 8" tom, 10" tom, 8" timbale, and 6" timbale). I don't have any setup-pics, I'll check with the customer and see if he's got any floating around. Below is one of the earliest kits I did with lots of accessories, but only four drums mounted:

Here's another oldie with a 10" snare, 8" tom, and 6/8/10" timbales (clear heads):

This past weekend I worked out a new ratcheting setup that can replace the Z-rods for mounting the toms/snares and getting them a lot more adjustable. Pics of that when I get it finalized, it's really going to open up the mounting/angling options for under $30.
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Very nice Dennis!

I used to have a set of North drums and always had a fantasy of mounting all those crazy toms around a single cocktail! Would have been cool, if unbalanced :twisted:

- John