What can you tell me about this kit in the gallery?

SRT80

What can you tell me about this kit in the gallery?

Post by SRT80 »

Ran across this kit looking through the gallery. It seems we discussed it awhile back maybe? But what size drums are these? Cocktail and snare. Also, how is the snare mounted? Is this something rigged or a actual product that can be purchased?

Thanks,
Steve
Attachments
mwillems.jpg
mwillems.jpg (103.88 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
Garvin

Re: What can you tell me about this kit in the gallery?

Post by Garvin »

I'm guessing here, but i think the cocktail drum is probably 14 - 15" X 18 - 20" something like that. The snare is probably a 12 or 13" X 5.

The arm used to mount it is definitely a piece of hardware you could buy for mounting cymbals, but with a snare bsket stuck on it. I'd be dubious of the stability of that rig, considering the size of the snare, but assuming the mount is beefy enough, and the fact that that guy is obviously gigging with it, it must be sturdy enough.
SRT80

Re: What can you tell me about this kit in the gallery?

Post by SRT80 »

Yea, I'm thinkin' the cocktail drum is a 18"x14". I'm probably gonna go with a 20"x14" drum because I don't really need the 24" height. I think I'm set on just mounting the snare on a separate concert stand cause I'm goin with a 14" snare. I will just have a couple cymbals mounted to the main drum.

Steve