Trixon Gigs

Baker

Trixon Gigs

Post by Baker »

Not the best photos, but I will report that, with minor adjustments and changes to be made before the next gig, (The large cymbal z-arm has got to go) this kit performed pretty well. I'm loving my Dream cymbals too!

Last edited by Baker on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicMan

Re: Trixon Gig Debut 10/8/11

Post by MusicMan »

Baker,

Nice pics! Looks like fun. I like the percussion set up you integrated with the kit too.

MM :)
Baker

Re: Trixon Gig Debut 10/8/11

Post by Baker »

We do a couple of Stones songs, and a cool version of "Me and Julio" with congas and bongos. The percussion stand on the drummers left of the kit holds a small bar chime, wood block, vibraslap, tambo, and cowbell. I know what you're thinking, "That should all be mounted on the kit!" but I've had it set up like that since a cajon was my main gig instrument. Perhaps some of it will end up on the kit, but I'll still need the stand for the chimes.
Baker

Re: Trixon Gigs

Post by Baker »

Here are some better pics, from a different show; my high school alumni/homecoming event.

Yes, that is (a photo of) Joe Paterno behind the DJ booth. Go State! ! As for the guy in the hockey mask, behind me; by the smell, I'd say he's been there for a very...long...time. :lol:
MusicMan

Post by MusicMan »

Hi Baker,

I play a regular cajon gig too.

I recently "pimped out" my box cajon by mounting a stix-free cowbell, stix-free shaker, castanets, and a splash cymbal. My cajon is like a mini drum/percussion kit now. Everything is mounted off of the cajon itself.

MM :)
SRT80

Post by SRT80 »

Really cool setup you have there. What kind of bracket is that on the main drum holding the boom arm?

Steve
Baker

Post by Baker »

Thanks SRT80! That's just a Pearl BT-3 tom mount. It's holding a 7/8" dia. Sound Percussion mini cymbal boom. Here's a closer look: