Mounting Toms/Snare on Cocktail Drum

IDRUM

Post by IDRUM »

Going to mix me up a cocktail, kit that is.<br>
<br>
Gonna do a 24x16 main, 5x10 tom, 5x12 snare - question - I havent really seen any good way to mount the tom/snare off the main drum.<br>
<br>
The Club Jordan idea is good - knurled hex to the cocktail and hexagon/yess on the tom - not sure Yamaha sells the little L arms separately.<br>
<br>
The mounting basically has to be at 90degreeds from the shell - an L arm on a ft leg bracket on the cocktail is fine, but how do I mount on the tom itself? Most tom mounts run 'vertical' along the shell - not horizontal 'into' it.<br>
<br>
Can anyone help?<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
KeithCronin

Post by KeithCronin »

For my kit, I bought double-bent rods (shaped like a right-angle "Z") custom-made by Phattie: <br>
<br>
www.phattiedrums.com<br>
<br>
These rods start out vertical, bend horizontal for a few inches, then bend back to a vertical position, so they work with Tama-type tom mounts. <br>
<br>
Contact Dennis at Phattie, and I bet he can help you out - he was great to work with when I was building my kit. Here's his e-mail (I think their site is down for a few days):<br>
<br>
sales@phattiedrums.com<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>
beattheskins

Post by beattheskins »

I bought my cocktail set on eBay (just the 24x15 Club Jordan) and added the 5x12 Stage Custom snare and had the L-rod special ordered from Yamaha. I'm sure any Yamaha dealer would be able to get one for you.<br>
<br>
-Pat
<p></p><i></i>
Don

Post by Don »

Any good tom mount will work, and the "Z" rods are available from any drum shop that sells multi-percussion. The rods show up on cowbell, tamb. etc. set-ups all the time.<br>
<br>
<br>
I'm partial to Phattie for my cocktail gear as well.
<p></p><i></i>