New cocktail drum?

Bruce the K (old)

Post by Bruce the K (old) »

I was on ebay today and did a search on cocktail drums. (I'm not looking, honest. My modified Club Jordan is working fine. I was just curious.) Anyway, there was a listing from some music store for a Peace brand Manhattan model cocktail drum set. It was described as having an 18x14 upright "bass" drum with pedal, a 5 and 1/2x14 snare, a 5x10 tom, and rods for hats and a crash/ride. I've never heard of this model and I was very curious, since it sounded like they'd kept the upright, cocktail orientation while going for separate bass and snare drums (unlike the old Slingerland approach where they had a small, horizontal bass drum with a 'snare on a pole' sticking up from it). They also mentioned some type of baffle that goes between the bass and the snare to isolate them. I believe they referred to it as an 'iso-facto' baffle. (Get it? Like ipso facto - whatever that means!)<br>
<br>
Unfortunately, the pictures they'd posted wouldn't load on my computer. I tried emailing the store to see if I could get the pictures sent directly to me but the email address they provided wouldn't go through!<br>
<br>
I did a Google search on this make and model of cocktail drum and I did find a picture of one on the website of some German music store! The site was www.troyandrumshop.de/drumsetsangebote.htm.
<br>
I wonder if it's a new model that hasn't been widely released yet or is it one that was released and flopped?<br>
<br>
Anybody know anything more about this?
<p></p><i></i>
Don

Post by Don »

Neat concept, putting a full size snare above the vertical bass. Just bolt on a few extra tom mounts, no need to tool up for any new parts. No clue about the mythical "iso-facto". The downside (and this is a big one), is that now you can't use the top of the main drum as a tom. Yet another reason why I love the Phatties...
<p></p><i></i>
kcronin

Post by kcronin »

Here's a link to some info about Peace drums in English:<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.peacemusic.com.tw/Manhattan% ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>
<br>
I would think the bottom drum would make the snare buzz like crazy....
<p></p><i></i>