The plot thickens! Trixon drums drama.

Bruce (the K)

The plot thickens! Trixon drums drama.

Post by Bruce (the K) »

After my earlier post, I tried to return to the TrixonUSA website but instead stumbled onto the Trixondrums.de website (a website about the original German-made Trixon drums). It's a fascinating website with lots of cool old vintage photos, catalogs, and information about vintage Trixon drums. I came across this interesting bit of info about current Trixon-labeled products:

"Important Information on TRIXON USA: Since spring 2008 on Ebay America appear newly manufactured drums under the name Trixon. These drums have nothing to do with our good old vintage Trixon drums. All parts come from actual production made in China. They are also sold under the name of Platin and Dimavery. It is only used the old badge and the lettering. Jim Laabs (initiator) isn't authorized to use the name Trixon neither by me nor the successor of the company Trixon in Germany!
Unfortunately there is no communication to me by Mr. Laabs! There are also new drums under the name Trixon in the UK, also manufactured in Far East. But they don't use the logo, badge and the history of the real Trixon brand. Distributor is ABC Music."

I originally found the Trixon cocktail kits on a website called jimlaabsmusicstore.com. Apparently, Jim Laabs was an investor who was part of an attempted revival of Trixon in Germany that ended with a fire that destroyed the remaining inventory and molds from the old Trixon factory. It sounds like he has now started selling products made in the Far East using the Trixon label. I've pieced all of this together from Wikipedia so I don't know how accurate any of it is. While I'm still glad the Peace Manhattan is getting a second life, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole issue of using the Trixon brand on it.