Cases for Club Jordan???

nosenhodge

Post by nosenhodge »

I'm a recent cocktail convert having purchased the jordan kit. Anybody have a good case solution? I'm still lugging these around in the boxes they shipped in but would like to find a case--hard or soft--to accomodate all three drums. Any ideas?
<p></p><i></i>
Bruce the K (old)

Post by Bruce the K (old) »

Look for the posting on this list from 2/7/01 called Padded cases for Club Jordan?<br>
<br>
You might look into the cases Yamaha sells for the Club Jordan. I think you get two cases for about $250. One is for the 15x24 main drum and one is for the tom, snare, and footpedal.<br>
<br>
I only have the single drum so I tried ordering a case from Beato through Guitar Center but did not have much luck. They kept ordering the wrong size and I'd get these huge cases for a bass drum. I ended up buying a bag they had on hand with straight sides for something like a conga drum. It's about 4 inches too tall but otherwise works fine. It was about $80.<br>
<br>
Keep trying and welcome to the Club Jordan Axis of Evil.
<p></p><i></i>
John Mettam

Post by John Mettam »

You have to get a Conga case. I have a Humes & Berg which is amazing. Sad thing is I don't know the model number. My 14" drum fits with extra foam added so the 15" Jordan drum should fit as it comes stock with foam. There is about 6" extra that can fit some hardware and/or an extra drum. Also a conga soft case will work for local gigs.<br>
<br>
John
<p></p><i></i>
nosenhodge

Post by nosenhodge »

thanks for the tips. FYI, I emailed Yamaha about this and here is there response:<br>
"Right now, the best case WE have is from a really good, new line of cases.? It's<br>
a set of TWO- one for the cocktail drum, and one for the snare and tom.? <br>
They're padded CORDURA cases with heavy-duty luggage-grade zippers, heavy<br>
shoulder straps,? Suggested retail is $150.00."
<p></p><i></i>
Famous Willy

Post by Famous Willy »

Cheap Bags
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey!

When I used to play congas in a band in college, I wanted cases but had very little money. Then it dawned on me...get two children's sleeping bags at Meijer--$10 each. My mom sewed the zippered area shut so that the zippers couldn't hurt the drums and we sewed heavy shoelace-style cord near the openings so the drums could be tied shut. They work great, have tons of padding, and have a goofy X-Men motif that's always fun.

Will
buchhojl

I just received the Yamaha bag set

Post by buchhojl »

FYI

The Yamaha bag set for the Jordan kit is excellent. I got mine from Interstate Music (interstatemusic.com.) I paid $109.98 for the bags, $11.00 for shipping, $6.05, tax... grand total $127.00. After having looked at Humes and Berg Tuxedo bags, and others, I considered the Yamaha bags a bargain. Every combination of other manufacturer's bags came to more money.
John Mettam

Sleeping Bags

Post by John Mettam »

I used to use duffle bags from the local Army/Navy Surplus for conga bags as well!

JKM