Cool new mounting product

famouswilly

Cool new mounting product

Post by famouswilly »

Hey!

I stumbled on a new product from Rhythm Tech called the Sideman. It's an S-arm that attatches to a tension rod on any drum. It comes with a free index tension lug, too. It's $12 and pretty sturdy--I put a set of hi hats held together with two U-clamps (Keith style) and a cowbell on it and it holds fine. Plus, I didn't need to drill the shell or buy a mounting bracket.
John Mettam

The Sideman

Post by John Mettam »

Hey Willy,

Yeah, the sideman looks cool. I picked up a couple of them a while back but haven't had a chance to set them up. Glad to hear they work well!

Another tip on hardware: I'm sure everyone is familiar with the LP Claw which is available with a cymbal, cowbell, or mic attachment bbut Gibraltar also makes a verion (mic or cowbell) that is excellent. It is a little more bulky but it has an angle adjustment that the LP does not and I feel that it clamps a bit more securely to the shell. I bought the cowbell version and used a cymbal attachment from some other piece of hardware and it puts my ride just where I want it!

John
Keith Cronin

Re: Cool new mounting product

Post by Keith Cronin »

famouswilly wrote:...I put a set of hi hats held together with two U-clamps (Keith style) and a cowbell on it and it holds fine....
I think I actually got the U-clamp idea from John Mettam - I don't know if he's used it for hihats, but I think he has used it for cymbals, and told me about it in an e-mail ages ago.

So, I wanted to give credit where it's due. John's site and his correspondence with me helped convince me to take the Cocktail plunge!

Thanks again, John!

-KC