Drilling Question--Mainly for Keith

Famous Willy

Drilling Question--Mainly for Keith

Post by Famous Willy »

Hey!

Keith, I checked out prices on the drill bits necessary to make the 3" and 4" venting holes, and I was astounded. The kit and the two hole cutters was going to cost about $50, and since I don't intend to drill any door knob holes or anything soon, I have a hard time spending that kind of money on 3-4 holes. I'm looking around for people to borrow the bits from, but I was wondering, since you avow yourself a bargain hunter, if you found a cheap way to purchase the bits.

Thanks!

Will
Keith Cronin

Post by Keith Cronin »

Nope, I got bent over on those hole-cutters - they are NOT cheap. :(

I bought a 4" attachment, which was very expensive, and then for the smaller holes I used the largest cutter from a multi-blade set of hole-cutters like this:

http://www.home-improvement-center.com/ ... e-saw.html

Hit a few hardware stores and explore your options. But you can probably expect to shell out 40 bucks at least. Sorry!
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

It may not be obvoius but you could go to the local Home Depot or hardware store that sells bulk wood, they often will cut wood and stuff for free. You could throw a guy some small cash to drill out 2 holes, just have the drum all mapped out for the guy cutting it. You may also be able to talk to a local builder (home), Plumber, electrician, they all need tools to cut holes for conduit, you may even have a buddy that's one of the above.
Look around, it may save you some cash.