Peace Manhattan

Jon

Peace Manhattan

Post by Jon »

I'd like to hear some opinions about the Peace Manhattan.
Bruce (the K)

Don't get me started...

Post by Bruce (the K) »

I promise I won't "go off" on you about this kit. I'll just say that I LOVE mine, perhaps in part because of the tinkering I needed to do to make it work just right for me. See my earlier post on this site, "Peace Manhattan cocktail kit," for details.

P.S.
I'm relatively new to drumming and have never played anything but a cocktail drum. I started with a Yamaha Club Jordan, which was a great instrument. I've since switched to the Peace Manhattan and I couldn't be happier. It's just a nice, cheap, fun little set that gives me great snare, tom, and kick drum sounds. (No, I don't own stock in the company...but maybe I should!)
Roarbot

Post by Roarbot »

i also have a peace manhattan kit, and i'm quite happy with it (after tinkering with it a lot)

the cymbal arms are VERY long. lots of modding was needed to get them into a comforatable position. the tom arm also holds the tom at a very strange angle, but i don't use the tom anyway. the pedal is nice, and the kit sounds great (i bought all new heads for it). it's well worth the money. it's the only cocktail kit i've played, so i can't compare it to any others.. but phattie drums looks to have a good deal going with their drums, and for really not all that much more money.

-jasor
cocktail guy

peace manhattan

Post by cocktail guy »

hi, does anyone know what type of wood these cocktail drums are made of, and if they come in sparkle finishes?

Where are these drums made? Is peace manhattan part of a larger company?

thanks!
Bruce (the K)

Peace Manhattan Factoids

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Peace Drums are made in Taiwan. I don't know what type of wood they're made from, though. I've only seen them offered (at Music123.com) in four plain finishes: blue, forrest green, wine red, and a really strange "black" (almost a purple-black on the kit I saw).
cocktail guy

peace manhattan

Post by cocktail guy »

thanks!