Peace Manhattan kit

palacki808

Peace Manhattan kit

Post by palacki808 »

Did anyone else here who bought the Peace Manhattan drumset have a problem with the pedal bracket not fitting? The pedal is stable enough on carpet that it isn't going anywhere, but I still find it irritating.

-Joe
Bruce (the K)

Peace Manhattan Pedal Bracket

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Mine fits reasonably well, although it's just a tad too wide. When I tighten it up, I have to squeeze it slightly to get the legs centered in the grooves in the little clamp pieces. If I'm not careful, the pedal gets lifted off the floor a bit when I tighten the wing nuts on the clamp. This discussion makes me think I should try bending the sides in and eliminating the problem.

I guess Manhattans are good kits for aspiring blacksmiths. 8)

On a slightly different topic, did you add a wood strip to the bottom of the pedal clamp? I found that was necessary to help the pedal clamp securely onto the bracket.
palacki808

peace manhattan

Post by palacki808 »

I never used the pedal bracket that came with my kit. I noticed that on carpet I don't kick hard enough to move the pedal so I just never bothered. I did notice that in the box with the pedal there was a self-sticking rubber strip that looked like the "hoop savers" that tama had for their wood bass drum hoops.

I was raving about the manhattan before, but after gigging several jobs wih it I had a laundry list of complaints. Its a good starter kit if you want a cocktail drum because its inexpensive and sturdy. I think however in a year or two I will have a different cocktail kit.

The peace kit is a good idea, it just needs to be polished a little. Not every person who uses one should be expected to own a hammer, vise and pipe-bending jig ;-)

-Joe