Pedal Question

davidtk

Pedal Question

Post by davidtk »

Can any pedal become a cocktail pedal? I am new to this site but after dwelling on the idea of a minikit the thought of owning playing a cocktail kit bit me...if you were going to go new...Slingerland or Peace (I own a Peace Hand Hammered...its not bad)...

Thanks
dtk

Post by Guest »

I bought a Pearl PS-201 for mine, and it converted flawlessly. EVERYthing is adjustable on this...it uses a twin-chain drive system, and all you have to do is loosen all the hex screws,
take the nut off the left side of the shaft, remove the chain from the cam with your drum key, and turn everything around. There's even a little master link on the drive chain so you can turn around the chain anchor bracket. It takes a little playing around with it to get everything where it feels right, and that's the beauty of having so many adjustment points.

Allan
fw

Post by fw »

I bought a used pacific pedal with a footplate and it converted no problem (although I needed like 5 allen wrenches--that was a pain).

One word of advice--don't bother converting a strap-drive pedal with an offset cam. I converted my old Pearl strap drive, and something about switching the cam over--ouch! I lost all speed, it took a lot more force to make the beater hit the drum, and then the beater hit the drum so hard it shot it into the air an inch or two.