Multiple snare wires

palacki808

Multiple snare wires

Post by palacki808 »

I am having dennis at phattie drums build me a cocktail set. I had asked him if he has ever tried using multiple snare fans in a cocktail drum. I wanted it for more brush sound, but he seemed really interested in the idea. He said two different sets of snares under the head would really help you dial in the sound you want from the drum.

I told him to go ahead and do it to my drum however he thought it would work best. I have about two weeks yet to wait for it, but I'm pretty excited to hear how it sounds. Anyone here use more than one set of snares? If so, I'd like to know how it works for you.

-Joe
ricky

multiple snare wires

Post by ricky »

What a cool idea! I tried something similar on a mounted frame drum and the sound was dry and choked,it sounded cool with brushes.Tell us how it turns out.
fw

Post by fw »

Dinkus is the guy to talk to. Check out his past posts and his website pictures!

As far as my drum goes, the one strand I have already chokes the drum too much.
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

Just incase anyone needed a link
http://www.angelfire.com/music/dinkus/cocktailkit.html

By the way I like the multiple snares, more tone options.

Dinkus
palacki808

Post by palacki808 »

Thanks Dinkus, I went over all the cocktail stuff on your site. Very informative, it gave me alot of good ideas. Thanks to everyone else on the board too. Everyone's posts have made it much easier to learn to play standing up.

I don't have my drum yet, dennis is still working on it at phattie drums. I will let everyone know what its like when I get it. I will however make one of those "exterior snares" for my current drum, thanks again dinkus.

-Joe