Slingerland Expresso

imradioboy

Slingerland Expresso

Post by imradioboy »

Hi. I've been a lurker for a long time on this board. I finally made the plunge and bought a Slingerland Expresso. For $300, the kit rocks. the heads the kit comes with have to go, but other then that it is OK.

The snare has a nice pop. The toms sound good. You also get good bass resonance.

The bass pedal does not attach to the drum at all. I thought this would be a problem, but it is not. There is velcro on the bottom of the pedal. So if you are playing on carpet, it sticks like glue.

The kit is great for backing acoustic bands. I have also found out that with only two mics, it sounds awsome in a rock/blues type band. What I do is take a drum mic and put it on a straight stand. Place the straight stand next to the snare and small tom. Then get the bass drum mic and mount it to the TOP of the floor tom/bass drum. It picks up the bass pedal, floor tom and cumbals just find.

The best part is the set up. It takes five minutes, and the snare and tom fit into a milk crate perfectly. Cheapo cases! Plus I lovethe looks people give you because they have never seen anything like it.

My only complaint is the cymbal arm mounts to a leg on the drum The connection is not the greatest and it gets loose if you really hit the thing hard. I'll figure out some way to fix that.
Keith Cronin

Post by Keith Cronin »

That kit looks like a lot of fun - I've been tempted by its price, and by that bright yellow color that for some reason really appeals to me.

Enjoy!
imradioboy

Post by imradioboy »

Just keep monitering musicyo.com they seem to put it on sale from time to time. You won't be disapointed.