The New Project

Dinkus

The New Project

Post by Dinkus »

Well I received my shell today and other than a small nasty looking knot on the inside of the shell on the veneer it looks pretty good. I ordered it a week ago so I am totally impressed with the turn around time. (Last time I ordered from another company it took about 8 to 12 weeks) The only thing missing from the package was 2-16" hoops. They forgot to ship but I have faith, after contact everything was straightened out. Out of the box the shell has a great low fundamental tone. I'll love it for the kick for sure but we'll have to see how the snare will work. I've drawn up some plans for an internal snare that will incorporate the use of a throw off from a normal snare. I will be doing the 2 snare strainers because of the versatility. I've just got to wait till Feb. till I get the lugs. I've decided to go with 10 per side. I went this way for the snare so as to be able to crank it up and after listening to the shell I think I'll need it. I'm looking forward to the build and hopefully I'll be able to post my steps.

Have A Merry Christmas
Dinkus