Pedal Questions for stand up cocktail set

Bigbrain

Pedal Questions for stand up cocktail set

Post by Bigbrain »

All right...It seems the majority of people use either the DW Sidekick, a pedal from Phattie (world max I think) or invert a favorite of their own. So, how do you invert an existing pedal? I can't find a previous post on this.

Also I noticed that DW has heel blocks and some sort of stackable system for varying the height of the pedal heel. What's the skinny on these? I've been playing stand up on just a kick and snare and the bass pedal is uncomfortable to play standing. Also, I find it very difficult to feather four on the floor. Do the heel blocks help with this or just make it more comfortable?

Finally, I can't find the sidekick or the heel blocks anywhere online...I assume they can be ordered from a DW dealer? Anyone done this?

Thanks,

Brad
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

I ordered my DW Sidekick from Guitar Center, used it awhile and put it back in the box and reversed a DW 5000 and am now using it. I play sitting down and never could get the Sidekick positioned to my liking. It worked fine, but I prefer the 5000. Also ordered the heel block set from GC. Good Luck.
Mango" 8)
Bruce (the K)

Post by Bruce (the K) »

I modified the pedal that came with my Peace Manhattan by attaching a 2 inch wood block to the heel end of the pedal with long screws. It made the angle of the pedal much more comfortable when playing while standing.

Recently I got a DW Sidekick pedal as a present and I much prefer the way I can position it to the side rather than in the middle under the drum. I bought the DW accessory plates that allowed me to raise the heel of that pedal up. I find that it allows me to play heel down much more easily, although I usually play heel up.

My wife and daughter ordered the Sidekick through our local music store and they had the heel block part in stock.
SJB05

Post by SJB05 »

I bought a 5000 used for $30 bucks, reversed the assembely, and made a new long footboard. The best thing by far about the DW pedals is they are DURABLE (mines gotta be 10 or 15 years old, and moves like a champ) and totally disassembleable (if thats a word). Whatever you do, if your going to buy another pedal, make it a DW. They're great.