Slingerland Expresso, etc...

jmettam
Site Admin

Slingerland Expresso, etc...

Post by jmettam »

Hello John!

I am a guitar player in a small acoustic combo. We're getting better and better, and are considering playing out. We believe adding a drummer would be the final piece of the puzzle.

Problem: room and loudness. (We practice my basement, I have three little kids and a wife I definitely want to keep.)

Answer: I googled "compact drum kits" and discovered...cocktail drums! Specifically the Slingerland Expresso (though I find the whole concept fascinating).

Couple questions: I can't find any dealers who carry Slingerland who know anything about the Expresso. And apparently it is no longer available online.

Do you happen to know what's up with that?

Any ideas on how I can find Slingerlnd's or anybody else's cocktail kits? I actually started on drums but switched to guitar many years ago. Thought this would be a fun way to get back intoit; introduce percussion to the kids; and I've got a drummer buddy who said he'd sit in every so often if the kit were on site. (A former pro, he's got a big set-up at home he doesn't want to tear down and cart around...I cna understand that...we're all 50 years old or thereabouts.)

Thoughts?

David Whitman