bent cymbal arms needed

Jeff

bent cymbal arms needed

Post by Jeff »

Hi all:

where can I get the strategically bent cymbal arms that would fit into the holders on my
Empire cocktail kit like the ones below at this link: ?

viewtopic.php?t=315

The holders on the Empire kit are pretty small in diameter, probably thinner than a standard floor tom leg. The holder that came with the kit is junk and is already bending. Plus you have to mount the ride, hats and cowbell on one very cheap arm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like two of these.

Jeff
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Gibralter has all that stuff if they aren't too big.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

How do I order one?

Jeff
jmettam
Site Admin

Gibraltar Cymbal Arm

Post by jmettam »

Hey Jeff,

Go to this link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/?sourcei ... 0040843494

and search for:

gibraltar cymbal arm

I think the one at the bottom of the list is what you are looking for,

John
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks. I checked that out and unfortunately the post looks like it wouldn't be long enough to travel down to the receiving bracket mounted on the side of the drum. See what I mean???
fw

Post by fw »

Could you switch out the mounts with Gibraltar mounts or cut and bend a floor tom leg to shape?
SJB05

Post by SJB05 »

At my local hardware store, theres these small clamps that are perfect for cymbal arms. Theyre made to hold copper pipe and vinyl tubing in place for plumbing, but if you put threaded rod into the the spot for the tubing, you can use it at a cymbal arm. Bend and customize it yourself. Also beam clamps, for plumbing, have a spot for threaded rod built in them. OR you could use a standard metal rod for x hats and stacks with the copper pipe clamp. Really, the possibilities are endless. I made two cymbal arms for five bucks using that stuff, some wingnuts and washers. They stay in place quite well. But, it is booty. So....
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the input guys! I came up with a solution for now. The reason is, I wanted to have my hihat and crash/ride mounted separately and not on one stand.

The long, bent arm that comes with the Empire kit is very similar to the one that comes with the Club Jordan but is I'm sure cheaper in quality. It actually is in two sections.

With this in mind, I unscrewed the top section. I then fit the hihat cymbals on this section with the HH clutch that came with the kit, along with a small cowbell. It's pretty sturdy. Meanwhile, the S-shaped curved part is too thick to mount a HH clutch and it of course doesn't have a cymbal tilter, so I had a brainstorm: I took the hihat rod off an old hihat stand and screwed it into the S-shaped section. So NOW I took the 16 crash/ride AND a splash cymbal I have and mounted in on the HH rod with TWO MORE clutches I had. It doesn't look pretty, but it does the trick. Now I just have to hacksaw off the Looooong HH rod.

John, do you have an email where I can send pictures of my Frankensteined kit?