peace manhattan problems

giorgis

peace manhattan problems

Post by giorgis »

Hey friends,
I just this afternoon got a new peace manhattan set. :D It came with no instructions, so there is a bit of guesswork going on for me. :shock: I am having some trouble getting the bass beater to hit the bottom head. :x the drum sits up so high that the pedal can't sit in the u-bracket and hit the bottom of the drum. :evil: i have tried increasing the angle, but don't want to get it so high that it won't stay adjusted. i think i am not doing something right -- there is not enough knurlling on the (long!) leg for it to go down far enough, though, so i am not sure what else to do... thanks for any tips on how to put this thing together. if there are any on-line instructions, i would be grateful,

Giorgis
Selam inna melkom minnyot,
Giorgis
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain."
palacki808

mahattan hardware

Post by palacki808 »

I had a similiar problem when I had a manhattan set. I used to put a hoseclamp on the leg just under the clamp. Even if the clamp was on the knurled portion of the leg it still slipped. The hoseclamp kept it steady when it did slip.

I don't mean to get off the subject, but I'm curious. Does your pedal bracket fit the legs at all? Even if it does, do you really need that bracket? The pedal is so heavy and sturdy that it seems unneccessary to clamp it down.
Bruce (the K)

Post by Bruce (the K) »

Hi Giorgis.

Have you got the beater shaft all the way out? I have since traded my original legs for some shorter ones with more knurled surface but I don't recall having this problem with the stock legs. Check my Peace Manhattan Mods post under the heading "Your Cocktail Kit" for pictures of my (many) modifications to my Manhattan. I really love it but partly that's because I had to do so much (minor) tinkering to get it exactly the way I wanted it.

Bruce (the K)
giorgis

peace manhattan problems

Post by giorgis »

hi bruce and palacki --
yes, i have th beater shaft locked all the way out. with the beater attached to the bracket, the beater head barely grazes the bottom head with the drum set down as far as possible on the knurled part of the legs. :? i'll work on it a little more tomorrow and see what i can do. i might have to cut about 4 inches off the legs and have some more knurling put on them -- or use the hoseclamp trick!
thanks for your ideas and advice. more is always welcoe!
giorgis
Bruce (the K) wrote:Hi Giorgis.

Have you got the beater shaft all the way out? I have since traded my original legs for some shorter ones with more knurled surface but I don't recall having this problem with the stock legs. Check my Peace Manhattan Mods post under the heading "Your Cocktail Kit" for pictures of my (many) modifications to my Manhattan. I really love it but partly that's because I had to do so much (minor) tinkering to get it exactly the way I wanted it.

Bruce (the K)
Selam inna melkom minnyot,
Giorgis
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain."