A Call For Media!

jmettam
Site Admin

A Call For Media!

Post by jmettam »

Hi Everyone,

I have recently been re-inspired, thanks to Adam Kirlew, to try and get contributions for the 'Media' page of the Cocktail Drum Lounge.

I am looking for any live footage, music videos, tv shows, movies, radio shows, etc that feature cocktail drums!

Adam was kind enough to send me a great video of Brian Setzer playing 'Mystery Train' with Bernie Dressel on Cocktail Drum! I'll post it as soon as I can reformat it for a fast download...

If you know of anything that we should be looking for please let us know. If you have some footage please try and get it to me! Things that I know of that I have been searching for:

* I believe it was the first Austin Powers movie. Mike Meyer's runs into Burt Bacharach playing on the streets of London. His drummer was playing a club jordan.

* Lyle Lovett did a live concert for PBS with Steve Jordan on drums. I've only seen a bit of it and there was a club jordan setup. I'm sure he plays it on some tunes.

* Dan Hicks and the Hotlicks played live on the Conan OBrian show (apparently 11/28/00 , season 8, episode 1347) playing on one of MY cocktail drums.

I know that there is a lot out there that I don't even know about so please post messages if you know of anything and if you have something, help us get it!

Thanks for all your help,

John
fw

Post by fw »

Also, Wayne Brady plays a cocktail set at the end of almost every one of his shows next to Peter Michael Escavedo and his timbales.

I think it's Jonathan Richman's drummer who plays one during There's Something About Mary, too.

I'm getting deja vu--did we have a discussion like this a few years ago?

Will
jmettam
Site Admin

More Media

Post by jmettam »

Well, I was wrong about Burt Bacharach on Austin Powers. It was Elvis Costello with Pete Thomas on drums in Austin Powers 2! I haven't found much on the web but maybe I can get hold of a DVD?

I'm also looking for a 'Something About Mary' DVD. I haven't seen the movie and there are no pictures of Jonathan Richman and Tommy Larkins with the drum from that movie. I did find this pic from I believe a German TV show...

I've also been looking for the Wayne Brady stuff but I don't know where I'm going to find that unless somebody has been recording the shows!

Will, I think we did talk about this a while ago. I certainly threatened to work on it : > )

I'm just hoping that now it's easier for people to get media and dump it in their computers and send it to me. I can do it if I have the DVDs. There is also a lot of stuff out there that I would never run accross (I've never seen the Wayne Brady Show) so I need everyone's help to find this stuff!

Thanks again,

John
SJB05

Post by SJB05 »

First thing that pops into my head is the violent femmes at woodstock 94
jmettam
Site Admin

Media!

Post by jmettam »

Hey all,

Well, I'm slowly getting somewhere...

Check out the media page. I have few new clips up there. There's also a short one of Lyle Lovett where you can SEE the cocktail drum but no one is playing it! Still looking for a clip of that one.

Hope you all like it!

John

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/media.html
buchhojl

Four Freshmen Video on DVD-- "Easy Street"

Post by buchhojl »

See the discussion string of the same name. (John, I finally located it... as per our email discussion over a year ago.)

John
multiperc

cocktail sightings

Post by multiperc »

Hey John
Not much help since I don't have the clips.....but
I do remember a FleetwoodMac concert that was taped (possibly released on DVD) where Mick is outfront playing a ctail kit
Recently saw an edit (TV) of Steve Jordan playing a Jordan with John Mayer and Pino Palladino - Steve plays a great intro to the song
Gwen Stefani doing 'HollabackGirl' on SNL last season - coctail drummer on side of stage, marching band drummers everywhere else
magit2002

hi all

Post by magit2002 »

the media, ive bin playing for 27 years on a standerd kit for loads of bands,got me cocktail and to get the jist play at loads of jams all typs of tunes just wondered i record most of them and the studio work ive been geting ,,,if you were intrested in a listen how i pass them on for thoughts........Keith p.s. gr8 site
scott

Post by scott »

If you go on the Violent Femmes website and look under photos about half way down there are some good cocktail pics. Check 'em out.
jmettam
Site Admin

COCKTAIL DRUM MP3 PLAYER

Post by jmettam »

Hey All,

I am going to be adding an mp3 player to the website so that people can listen to people playing Cocktail Drums while the peruse the site. If you would lilke to submit an mp3 of a track or two with you playing Cocktail Kit, please pass it on. I am trying to keep this simple so, for legal reasons, please do not submit other peoples tracks.

Please encode them with the track, artist, and album name!

You can send them to me at:

john at cocktail drum dot com

Thanks for your help!

- John
Baker

Re: A Call For Media!

Post by Baker »

jottesen

Re: A Call For Media!

Post by jottesen »

Hi John
Long time. I still play the cocktaildrums, with great passion.

I have just seen this movie: It might get loud. A movie with tre guitar players. The Edge, Jack White and Jimmy Page.
About 26,22 min. In the movie you see Jimmy as a Young boy playing, and behind him a dude playing a cocktail kit.

I hope you and your family are Well and your playing to.

Best regards

Jesper O