Bags for cocktail drums

Jeff

Bags for cocktail drums

Post by Jeff »

So now as I use my cocktail drum more and more, I'm forced to throw a thick blanket over the top and tie a rope around it so it doesn't bang around in the back of my truck.

Is there a reasonable priced bag, like a Beato or Tuxedo bag with a zipper that I can slip over my main cocktail drum and then pile on one of my toms on top?
eatsnackysmores

Post by eatsnackysmores »

Hi Jeff,

I went to Bentley's and found their biggest "dufflebag on wheels." It was a little bigger than a hockey bag, works great! With a little foam rubber I can put my extra snare and tom (club jordan) in as well.

Maybe try finding something like this?

Cheers,

Evan
jmettam
Site Admin

Cocktail Case

Post by jmettam »

Hey Jeff,

I use a soft LK conga bag for my 14" drum for local gigs and a Humes and Berg conga flight case w/ casters for touring. THey both work great. There's a bunch of new bags out there too! Go to:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/?sourcei ... 0040843494

And searc h for 'conga bag' you'll see lot's of options. I'll try and add some of these to the Shop as well...

John
jmettam
Site Admin

Bags

Post by jmettam »

I have added links to a few conga bags in the online store!

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/shop.html

John
Louispup

cocktail drum bag

Post by Louispup »

I use GI duffle bags for my congas, and at a yard sale, there was a HUGE green duffle bag. Turned out it was a Futon cover, for $8. I got it for $5, and for now I use it to preserve my Remo Coffee house drum during travel.
poliver

Post by poliver »

Hi,

I've been looking into this lately too...

Yamaha do a bag for their Club Jordan you can get separately, but not in the UK.

Le Blond in the UK to a 16x24 inch hardcase

Protection Racket can make custom made bags for you by order with wheels,
straps, etc. as required. I'll post when I get a quote.

Cheers

Pete

Post by Guest »

I haven't found a bag for the main drum yet; but I have gound that my 10" tom and 10 " snare both fit perfectly in a plastic milk crate. You just have to put a small towel between them so they do not bang together.