Cocktail Kit on A & E channel

mangorockfish

Cocktail Kit on A & E channel

Post by mangorockfish »

Caught some band, didn't catch the name, this morning on "Breakfast With The Arts" on the A&E channel. They were from Austrailia and did a song called "Zebra", and the drummer was uaing a Jordan kit. He was pretty good with what he was using: main drum, tom, snare. hats, and one small crash w/ bells on top of it. :wink:
jmettam
Site Admin

John Butler Trio

Post by jmettam »

Hey Mango,

Thanks for the tip. Looks like the band was the John Butler Trio, an Aussie jam band. Here's the episode description:
Music Stars #1.
Aired on Sunday, July 3, 2005

Today it's a two-hour all-star jam as we feature unique performances recorded exclusively for our program. Running the gamut from rock to pop to country to soul and hip-hop, performances include Aerosmith's Joe Perry, Tori Amos, Talib Kweli, Keith Urban, Suzanne Vega, the John Butler Trio, Duran Duran, Chris Thomas King, Jem, Sarah McLachlan, Lalo Schifrin, Tears for Fears, Solomon Burke, Katie Melua, Indigo Girls, Marc Broussard, Linda Ronstadt, Ozomotli, The Red Clay Ramblers and John Mellencamp. Karina Huber hosts.
http://www.johnbutlertrio.com/

But their website is down right now. I'll try and find pictures later!

- John
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Yeah, John Butler Trio was it. Thanks. I couldn't remember as I only caught about half of it, but they were the best on there I thought. That was the first time I've ever seen anyone play a Cocktail Kit. He was all over it. I wish I could find a dvd of Cocktail players in action.

Be sure and let me know when you get pics and I'm going to be looking at their websight to see when it comes back up and try to contact that "Cat".

Thanks again John for the info,
Mango
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Hey John,
The John Butler Trio is back up. No pics of the dude playing the Cocktail Kit though. Bummer!!!
Mango