The new drum

Dinkus

The new drum

Post by Dinkus »

Here's my new cocktail drum I finally finished and got to road test. Check it Out.

http://www.angelfire.com/music/dinkus/cocktailkit.html

Dinkus
jmettam
Site Admin

New Cocktail Kit!

Post by jmettam »

Hey Dinkus,

Great job! What a beautiful kit!

Please tell us more about the snare set up (where do the cords run?) and why you chose to keep the snare with the main drum instead of to the side...

Thanks

John

Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

Hi John thanks for the words. The snare cords are wire made from Trick which I highly recommend. They are coated with plastic so they are strong and don't slip through the throw-offs. I chose 2 throw-offs because of how I was building the custom snare strainer prior but after taking so long I changed ideas. This allows me to adjust the position of the strainer on the snare. I could have just used one but hey I bought the parts so lets use it. There are 2 holes drilled about a 1/4 inch from the bottom of the hoop. The holes are below the head line and above the metal hoop so it works just fine. There are wooden hoops that have gates (holes) cut in them for snares but these ones didn't have that.
I chose to keep the snare on the maindrum because...... It's the only purest part of my setup. I enjoy the tuning challenge too. There are times (mostly before our 3rd song in) that I had a side snare but this works really well for me. Also as you can see It's one less drum from my regular sit down kit. When we do small get togethors I only need to bring the one drum.

If you're in the Red Deer area in Alberta you may have seen this kit on RDTV recently for their Westerner Days Breakfast.

Have a good one

Dinkus