adding "stuff"

palacki808

adding "stuff"

Post by palacki808 »

As we all know, one of the big advantages of the cocktail set is a fast setup and teardown time. It takes up very little space compared to most drumsets. Yet drummers still add more stuff.

I started with two drums and two cymbals, for recording I ended up adding a drum and a cymbal and a cowbell.

At gigs I always take a spare crash cymbal and pedal, I've never broken either of those items in roughly 7 years of playing gigs on a weekly basis. I still bring them with me though. Now that I'm using my cocktail set for every gig I play, I take my mics. Very few gigs I do can be played without being miced'. I always have multiple spare heads and an extra cymbal stand. I don't even know why I threw the stand in my trap case because I never use a stand with my cocktail set.

Drummers habitually take more and more stuff to gigs to add to their drum sets. I always tell myself to keep it simple, then I end up adding something else or taking something extra that I don't need. Only a drummer could make something like a cocktail set complicated. Why do we as drummers do this? Has anyone else noticed this habit?

-Joe
ricky

stuff

Post by ricky »

I think we just like stuff because of alll the options that are there.If you are a gear junkie than you just can't help it...it's the drummers curse!.
palacki808

Post by palacki808 »

the "drummer's curse"... that's definitely an accurate way to describe it.