Throne for cocktail drummers

fatdan1067

Throne for cocktail drummers

Post by fatdan1067 »

Here is a throne idea for us standing drummers. I had an old Tama STILT stand and took the pole and seat from a PDP DT-700 throne ($30 on sale at Guitar Center) and now I have a throne I can lean/sit on while I play.
palacki808

seat

Post by palacki808 »

Is the seat of the throne angled like the stand is?

-Joe
kylebronsdon

Post by kylebronsdon »

I use a diner stool I got from a restaurant supply outlet. It's got a real cushy seat that you can lean into and almost be sitting, it's the perfect height and has a hip retro look!
JGove33

Post by JGove33 »

I guess i'm a cheap...oops...I mean...frugal...minimalist. I just use a 30" wooden stool that has a small cushion. I kindof half sit-half stand. It's perfect for me ( I'm 5'8 )...and it's probably cheaper than anything I could rig. (It was a $15 special at Rose's.) So, if your looking for a good seat for your cocktail set and you have a Rose's or some other kind of bargain store (Ollie's, Big Lots, etc...) near you, you can always check there. Just my .02.

-Jeremy
Last edited by JGove33 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

I use an old Tama octabon stand without the octabon holder and put a memory lock on the post of the throne top and there you are.
tikifreak

Post by tikifreak »

I play a sit-down cocktail setup. I made a custom throne/case by attaching a Roc-n-Soc seat to a piece of 12" diameter PVC pipe that is 18" high. The seat fits perfectly over the pipe diameter (minimal overhang), and has a hinge in the back and latch in the front. I put in a wood bottom with three small angle brackets, covered the outside with some leopard-print fleece and the inside with some carpet padding, then added a handle on the back side. Voila! A throne that can carry my kick pedal, cowbell, wood block, and a few other little items and has that awesome retro lounge look we all love so much (well, I do).