the world's first electronic cocktail percussion kit,

McFly

the world's first electronic cocktail percussion kit,

Post by McFly »

have you ever seen something like this???
(it's a picture from 1998!)

and I really don't like it. 'cause a cocktail kit has to be cool and to look good, that's a reason for playing while standing (cocktail drums are part of a players life style in the case of presence on stage)! if I like to get this e drumming feeling then it doesn't matter to stay or sit... so why sould anyone play while standing playing e drums?

:roll:
ricky

e kit

Post by ricky »

Yep, this thing is goofy as it gets...maybe for "industrial" style music or some devo/kraftwerk stuff... it's awful...to each his own I guess. wierd.
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Cocktail Kits are cool, this is not cool. :D
palacki808

it may look goofy

Post by palacki808 »

It may not look cool, but don't knock it unless you've tried it. I personally think electric drums are cool. Of course I really shouldn't push my opinion too much here because I did sell my electric drums to buy my cocktail set.

I had a basic electric set called a DTXpress. It wasn't bad, everything could be brought in nice and close and you barely had to move your arms to reach everything. If it wasn't for all those dang cables, electric drums would be just as easy to set up as a cocktail set.

There's really only two main problems with electric drums:

First: Amps are HEAVY! You need one to really play and electric set.
Second: If something goes wrong at a gig, you're screwed. If you break a head on your cocktail set, you change it. If something doesn't work on an electric set, you're forced to swap cables, piezos or triggers, check your 1/4" jacks and all sorts of other stupid stuff that typically involves a special tool that you don't have with you at a gig.

-Joe