cocktail for punx

ricky

cocktail for punx

Post by ricky »

I am in the process of writing songs{on acoustic}for a psychobilly/punk band .I want to do the lead vocals and play the cocktail kit standing up of course,and have that up front with a guitarist{hollowbody would be sweet} and an upright bassist.The fun part will be finding the right idiots to do the job...wish me luck...
ak1000

Post by ak1000 »

hey ricky
thats my idea im already doing it i found the right idiots for the job i built my own cocktail kit and added a leapard skin snare to make it look real tacky.
all the best adam
jmettam
Site Admin

The Untamed

Post by jmettam »

and don't forget to check out Jakob!

http://www.theuntamed.dk/

Good luck with your project!

- John
palacki808

Post by palacki808 »

That would be fantastic to find an upright bass player. If you have never played in a band with an upright you'll be pleasantly surprised when you first do. The stylistic rockabilly "clicking" or "slapping" sound of an upright really helps the bass and drums work together in the pocket. I had the pleasure of playing with an upright player once and it was a blast. I hope you find the musicians you're looking for.

-Joe
Randy

Post by Randy »

Could you list some examples or describe what you mean by "psychobilly/punk"? I'm intrigued by the concept...
ricky

cocktail for punx

Post by ricky »

As far as bands go the influences I feel I would like to come across are The Cramps,Rev .Horton Heat,Tiger Army,Mad Sin...for "psychobilly" style stuff.The Punk bands I dig go on and on, but the mix I would love to nail down would be Social Distortion meets the Violent Femmes with T.S.O.L thrown in there...anyway, I think it is hard to explain,cos their are so many different things that could come out of it,depending on the people and the styles they are motivated with....jazz kicks ass too...keep em guessing..oh yeah dropkick murpheys,flogging molly,real micks,and all that irish /punk stuff rocks too...I better stop.
ak1000

Post by ak1000 »

sounds good to me
good luck!