You must now register to post!

jmettam
Site Admin

You must now register to post!

Post by jmettam »

I have been trying to keep this forum open to guest posting for a long time. Unfortunately this allows spammers and hackers to post on our forum as well. The number of attacks has recently increased dramaticaly so I have found it necessary to allow registered users only to post.

Anyone can still read the forums and I encourage everyone to register so that we can keep the participation high! I do not use my user list for anything so you will not receive spam.

My appologies for having to do this but there are just to many jerks on the internet wasting everyone's time.

- John
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

John, This is a great forum that sees less use than what its real potential could handle.
I love it and think that whatever you need to do to keep it above reproach, then do it with all our blessings. NO APOLOGIES NEEDED.
Mangorockfish 8)
Graham Wilder

Post by Graham Wilder »

John, I understand and certainly have no problem with the new requirement. I registered on Feb. 3, 2006 (using my full name) but the system didn't recognize me by my registered name when I tried to post something. The only way I could submit it was to use just my first name -- which got it posted...but as a "Guest." My information appears on the Memberlist and indicates that I have 0 postings. Did I screw up? Please tell me what I should do to get this straightened out. I expect that this posting will also show me as a guest because I will probably have to submit it using only my first name again. IF I don't show up as a guest this time...then somehow the problem will have been solved.

Thanks, Graham
Pat McNeil

Post by Pat McNeil »

Well, it finally provoked me to do the dirty deed & register. Well worth it, as is this is one of the few forums I do enjoy reading. (I rarely post, but I am always delighted to leech wisdom from you lot. :) )

Pat