To Baffle or Not, Tha Is The Question

mangorockfish

To Baffle or Not, Tha Is The Question

Post by mangorockfish »

Thinking seriously about adding a baffle to my main drum. The biggest question I have is: Do you guys use baffles or do you get a good sound without them? What changes in the sound with a baffle? With the baffle in place, how deep is your snare or top chamber and how deep is your bass?
Mango'
Graham Wilder

"Search" and Ye Shall (more often than not) Find!

Post by Graham Wilder »

Mango,

I'm using a 16X18 floor tom as a kick/tom (I sit), so baffling hasn't been an issue with my setup. Although I'm new to this forum I've spent a considerable amount of time perusing it and have been amazed at the wealth of information it contains. You've been around for awhile and therefore may not need this tip but I'll send it along anyway with the thought that others may benefit from it. One of the coolest and most useful features offered in the Lounge is the SEARCH tool . Click on "Search" up at the top of the page and then, in the Search Query section, type in a key word (in this case "baffle") then hit "Search." This pulls up all past and present posts that contain that word, giving you easy access to everything that has been written about or related to that subject. Is this a great forum or what?! Good luck with your drum.

Graham
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

GW, Thanks for the tip. I thought that I had read all the posts about baffling "the first time around", but after searching, there was a lot of good stuff that I missed somehow. Thanks again.
Mango'