Paiste 802 Sale

jmettam
Site Admin

Paiste 802 Sale

Post by jmettam »

I just noticed that Musician's Friend is having a special on Paiste 802 cymbals.

13" Hi Hats - $49.99
18" Crash/Ride - $59.99
16" Crash - $49.99

I have no idea how the new 802s are, does anyone have any first hand experience with these? Seems like they could be some good and inexpensive Cocktail Drum cymbals for someone out there.

- John
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Thanks John for the heads up, but I have found my Cocktail cymbal set. See my new post.
Mango'
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

Regarding these 802s

I have heard these but don't remember much about them. I just picked up a couple of (extra) Wuhan cymbals, one for a ride and the other for a 10" hat combination.

I've posted prelim good news about the crash, but the 10" hat combination didn't work for me at all. On the other side of that coin, 2 of my Wuhan 12" do make a very nice hat combination, closed or otherwise. But my oddball favorite for cocktailing (closed only) is Paiste 8" accent cymbals.

The reason I'm mentioning this here is that for me, there seems to be an interesting spot in size vs weight for these closed hats and the small Paiste cymbals are relatively thick (they're spun, I believe). If the Paiste 802s are heavy-ish cast cymbals, then perhaps 8 or 10" 802 splashes might work well, similarly.

Please, though, go out and listen to any of these before you buy even if on the cheeep. Cymbals are sooo subjective; having some alternatives for flavor is cool, but only if they work for you.
ricky

paiste 802 cymbals

Post by ricky »

I had a 18" crash/ride a few years back,it would work really well in a cocktail drum set up.The hats are probably good too,considering the 502's are really nice and they are a step down from the 802 series.If you go tho Paiste.com ,they have alot of sound samples{like most major brands},which may get you in the right direction.