New Gallery

jmettam
Site Admin

New Gallery

Post by jmettam »

Hey All,

I have just added in a new photo gallery under the 'Look' section of the site. Check it out!

Right now it has the same pictures from the old slide show but this one will be easier to update with new pictures and add searchable descriptions for each picture. Once I get more info in you should be able to look up your favorite brand, color, owner!

- John
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

John, the new "Gallery" is cool. Can't wait for it to get finished.
Do you by any chance know the size of the "long" tom on the Willoughcraft kit? I've got to build me one of those.
Mango'
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

John,
Very nice interface, and some new pics! Thanks for doing this - I look forward to seeing more in the new Gallery
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

John,
Are you going to be including Lounge memebers' cocktail setups? That would be kinda cool and also may be helpful as a reference of sorts to those considering new twists on their setups. My .02
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

I love looking at the pics. I wish the photos were larger. Maybe it's the browser I'm using, but after I click off of a photo, I have to go back to the beginning. And they are not very big. I should try IE and see if there is a difference. I have a Mac and use the Safari browser.
David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.
jmettam
Site Admin

Gallery

Post by jmettam »

Hey MultiPerc,

Yes! I absolutely intend on posting members pics and descriptions. THat's the whole idea of having an easily editable gallery.

And Captain... most of the current pictures ARE small. THis was my original gallery that I set up years ago largely with picture from eBay auctions that alwasy tend to be very small. WIth the new gallery I can certainly use larger pcitures if I have them (such as the Willoughby kit).

So, it will take some time but now I am able to start building a much more extensive gallery!

- John
jmettam
Site Admin

More Gallery Pictures

Post by jmettam »

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/gallery/

I have been going through my old pictures and adding some long forgotten photos to the gallery. It's nice now that I have a good way of displaying larger pictures. Please feel free to send me pictures of your kits!

All I ask is that you try to follow these rules if possible:

1) Only 1 or 2 pictures of your kit please
2) jpeg and gif file format
3) If possible, please resize pictures to a maximum of 600 pixels in any dimension

Send them to:

john at cocktail drum dot com

Thanks!

- John
fw

Post by fw »

Thanks for adding my set to the gallery!

Will
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

Looks really great, John - enjoying all those historical shots too!
Thanks again for putting up the new gallery.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

You know, I just now figured out that the gallery was more than the 8 photos I saw when I clicked on the link. I had to click on 'browse.' I wonder if anyone else did that. Maybe you could put 'more pictures' there so people can click on it.

Anyway, the photos are great. I had another idea - it would be nice if every person had a link to their kit photo in their 'signature.' It would be interesting to put the people and their kits together. I saw a kit in there in the basement of a mad scientist. I wonder who that guy is.
David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.
PETER

THANKS!

Post by PETER »

Hi,John!
Thanks for adding my set to the gallery! Hmmm.....by the way.The smaller one is 10"(not 8") :D hehehe!
Best Regards,
Peter Lau
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

Captain Nemo wrote:You know, I just now figured out that the gallery was more than the 8 photos I saw when I clicked on the link. I had to click on 'browse.' I wonder if anyone else did that. Maybe you could put 'more pictures' there so people can click on it.
Hey Captain,

I just changed the homepage config. Problem is there is no way to dump you right into the Cocktail Drum Gallery. it only gives you an 'album' view so I also have it showing random pictures! Click on the 'Cocktail Drums' link for the entire album!

Hope this helps,

John
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Yeah John,
Thanks for adding my kit in the new gallery. Love all of the kits. Not a shabby one in the lot. :lol: