'Heavy Metal' cocktail goes into rehersal today

Captain Nemo

'Heavy Metal' cocktail goes into rehersal today

Post by Captain Nemo »

I finally got all my Stagg cymbals and my buddy is coming over this afternoon with his guitars and harmonicas. We'll see what happens. Look for pics of the session and Nemo's 'heavy metal' cocktail kit later today.....
David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Here are some pics up on my photo site:

Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

This jam session started out sort of weak, but ended up very tight and fun. I learned something about standing while playing. It's tiring as hell unless you really like the song you are playing!

We did a version of 'Voodoo Chile' that started out very heavy and changed into rockabilly and ending with 'Walk the Line.' Nice. It's a keeper.
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Kool Captn.
Man, if just you two are the band that will be great. Sure cuts down on organization.
Mangorockfish
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Thanks Mango,

We need one more guy - I think we need a guy with a Casio. I like playing all sorts of styles so I think a keyboard guy could cover bass and add chords so the guitar guy can sing a little bit. It's just a fun project. We'll probably end up playing at parties with our drunken motorcycle buddies.

I don't know if you noticed those huge stereo speakers down there, but it's really fun to just play along to some of my favorite tunes. Hey, anybody can play sitting down, right?
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Drunken motorcycle buddys? Surly those guys don't drink, do they? My band played for one of those shindigs once and WOW!!!

Yeah, a Casio would be all you need. Good luck and keep standing on your own two feet. HAHA
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

The guys I party with ride Moto Guzzis - so they are not the 'biker' type. Sure, they like to drink some beer, but they especially like great food. More of an educated bunch of yahoos.

John, can you use that last photo for the cocktail gallery? Call it a 'heavy metal' cocktail kit if it would make you feel better to include it. haha