Cocktail Angst CDs

Pat McNeil

Cocktail Angst CDs

Post by Pat McNeil »

Hello again to all & sundry....

Was first very busy & then very ill, so I haven't been around in a while, but I've returned from the dead, for the moment. :) (BTW Randy - I will contact you in e-mail vis-a-vis my composition.)

I hope John doesn't mind me giving a quick comment on his work on the board here, but I did order 2 Cocktail Angst CD's from CD Baby a few months ago & wanted to pass the word along to the community @ large.

The two I picked up were "Cocktail Angst" and "Our Big Top Parade". I spent a trip to and from Toronto listening to them (10 hours total by train for me) & really like them.

This is really quirky & fun stuff. The level of musicianship is very high throughout & the recordings themselves are nicely done. The arrangements are well done & vocalist Toby Williams has a very appealing sound. (That vibes player is pretty happening too.)

Not that I'm surprised, but John's drumming is first class throughout - a real joy to listen to a musician like that.

CD Baby's service was excellent BTW. Stuff got here (to Montreal, Canada) very quickly. (Although some of their emails suggest they smoke *interesting* stuff there.)

Check into this stuff, IMHO, these are nice recordings to have. And they're cheap - buy both of them!

Hope all of you are well here... looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Pat
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

I wanted to second this recommendation by Pat: Cocktial Angst is fine musicianship, excellent drumming, tasty production and a very fun and cool vibe.

Pick up these Cocktail Angst CDs - In particular, John's cocktail drumming and percussion is just stellar.