28" tall Combo Drum

matthew medeiros

28" tall Combo Drum

Post by matthew medeiros »

Hey Multiperc, check out my pics that are posted under cocktail kit for sale. You can see the 28" tall combo drum pictured next to the 24" WfL bass drum.As you can see the taller drum just sits a little lower!
Matthew
multiperc

Post by multiperc »

Matthew
Thanks for posting the pix. Very interesting - the extra height probably offers benefits or possibilities: extra positioning flexibility for taller players (and their backs) and larger air column for more tuning possibilities. Weren't some of the traditional Gretsch models also taller than 24?
Cool.
matthew medeiros

Post by matthew medeiros »

multiperc wrote:Matthew
Thanks for posting the pix. Very interesting - the extra height probably offers benefits or possibilities: extra positioning flexibility for taller players (and their backs) and larger air column for more tuning possibilities. Weren't some of the traditional Gretsch models also taller than 24?
Cool.
It's possible that Gretsch or some of the other manfacturers made taller models but I couldn't tell you for sure. There is quite a few pics of Gretschs' in Johns' picture gallery, maybe they would show a taller Gretsch? I think it would be interesting for somebody to make a taller combo drum and incorporate all the little tips & tricks from this website. I think a 28" combo drum with some nice venting/porting would be a really interesting project :?:
Matthew