I got a cocktail set

dickdog

I got a cocktail set

Post by dickdog »

I have been looking at this site for about a year. I have been wanting a cocktail for a long time. I am picking up my set Friday. It is an excel set. Snare, tom and the cocktail Now I can start on the extras. This is gonna be FUN
robertm

Post by robertm »

Caught your website -"Blue Rhythm." Will you be using the cocktail kit with them? It'll be interesting to see how it works out, if that's the setting. Sounds like possibly a somewhat louder use than a lot of the sets get. Let us know how it goes.
dickdog

i got a cocktail

Post by dickdog »

I'm not sure how I am going to be using it. I will be getting it on Monday. I will give it a try at home Monday night, and see from there. in Blue Rhythm, the leader is pretty set on me using his roland set all the time. We do some small accoustic stuff sometimes, and I think the cocktail would work great..
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

You could always buy gear and force the leader to use it too. Sounds a little narrow, but I understand the silent factor of V drums . Is it possible the leader is not well versed in proper sound reinforcement and doesn't want to tackle the small challenge of the the cocktail kit. I'm sure once the crowd loves the cocktail kit and he hears great things about how different and the unique stage presence it has he'll be more then happy to let you use either kit of choice. It always works for acts I work with, big kits for big stages, cocktail kit for everything else.

Congrats and welcome to the site

Dinkus
jmettam
Site Admin

New Kit

Post by jmettam »

Hey Dog,

Congratultions on getting a kit! Yeah, I'm with Dinkus... work on it for a bit and then try getting it in for a rehearsal or two, I wouldn't be surprised if the concept sank in pretty quick.

I will always remeber the first time I brought my new (60s Slingerland) kit into a Cocktail Angst rehearsal. I didn't have the sound together yet or really have a handle on playing it. Everyone had a sideways glance as they said 'yeah, it's kind of neat...' but it caught on after I got the concept together and now it is an integral part of the bands sound!

Just keep on persisting..

- John