Club Jordan Flaw for Left Handers

cadolfan

Post by cadolfan »

jmettam wrote:
cadolfan wrote:So if I understand you correctly, if you have a pedal with velco under the plate and you have a carpet there is no need to mount the pedal to the drum legs. Is that right?
That is correct. If you are a VERY heavy player you could potentialy lift the drum off the floor slightly and the drum could shift that way but otherwise you should be alright. I am amazed at how well the Pulse pedal is constructed for a $30 pedal!

- John
That's good to know about the pulse pedal. Since this will be my first pedal inverting, $30 isn't a bad price.

By the way do you play your malet off center or dead center? And speaking of "heavy foot". I have a flam slam on my bass drum on my regular kit. Do you reccomend them on the cocktail drum? Seems you would lose some resonance from playing the top drum? Also the stock malet that came with the yamaha kit seems small. I'm assuming it's small because of the small diamater of the drum? What do you think about this?

louie
jmettam
Site Admin

Post by jmettam »

I think that I mostly put the beater just off center. Very close though!

My gut instinct is that a flamslam would kill the head too much with such a small head. But, I put a lot of muffling on my head, the pad might eliminate the need for so much muffling. Lt us know if you give it a try.

The Yamaha mallet seems pretty normal to me. I use a wood beater on my 14" drum but the Yamaha felt beater works nicely for the 15" drum as a bass drum/floor tom combo.

- John
Dinkus

Post by Dinkus »

I usually cut my flamslams to the foot print size of the beater. That way I can use one slams for several kits. You only need to protect where the beater hits.
mangorockfish

Post by mangorockfish »

Are the legs on the main drum where you could get another bracket and attach it to where the legs would fit the pedal bracket? Just an idea.
cadolfan

Post by cadolfan »

mangorockfish wrote:Are the legs on the main drum where you could get another bracket and attach it to where the legs would fit the pedal bracket? Just an idea.
I'm not following you. :?