Looking for MP3s

jmettam
Site Admin

Looking for MP3s

Post by jmettam »

Hey Alll,

I am going to add an mp3 palyer to the site and am looking for tracks with people playing Cocktail Drum! If you have any that you would like me to add to the player please let me know!

If you have anything up on your website, post the address here.

If you have an mp3 to send me, send it to:

john at cocktail drum dot com

Thanks!

- John
jmettam
Site Admin

MP3 Player Posted!

Post by jmettam »

Hi All,

I have finally posted the built in MP3 player fro the Lounge.

Go to:

http://www.cocktaildrum.com

You may have to reload the page to get it up there.

Don't forget to submit songs to promote your projects!

- John
jmettam
Site Admin

Neon Swing X-Perience

Post by jmettam »

Thanks to Joe Palacki for sending me some MP3s of his band 'Neon Swing X-perience'

Here's what Joe says about the recording:

"All three tunes were recorded on my 14"x24" cocktail drum with an 8" tom and a 10" snare at Studiophonix in Mount Pleasant , PA"

They have been added to the MP3 Player playlist.

Enjoy, and don't forget to send me your Cocktail Drum MP3s!

- John
palacki808

recording

Post by palacki808 »

I was very lucky to have a great engineer at the studio when those tunes were recorded. He really helped me to fine tune the cocktail drum itself.

I had used several different ride cymbals in these recordings. A 20" scimitar, an 18" "A" zildjian crash/ride and an 18" beatbeat remix ride. The crash cymbal used in all tracks is a 14" remix crash. A pair of overhead condenser mics were used, however I do not know the make and model.

There was a sennheiser e604 on the top head of the cocktail drum (evans g2 clear), the snare (remo coated) and the tom (evan g2 clear). The snare had a piece of mic cable around the edge of the head/inside of the rim. That cable helped to take some of the ring out that was overpowering the tom in the studio. The bottom head (coated pinstripe) of the cocktail drum was mic'ed with a D112.

Other than the fact that it took some time to find a happy medium volume wise between the top and bottom mic'ed heads of the cocktail drum, there was nothing different happening in the control room when compared to how he treats a sit-down drum kit.

I'll do my best to answer any questions as I learned alot doing this project. Thanks to John for posting the tracks and keeping such a great site/forum up and running.

-Joe